Are you an ecopreneur? Ecopreneurs are environmentally conscious entrepreneurs who care more about people and the planet than about maximizing profitability. They strive to build businesses that have a positive social and environmental impact over all else.
There’s never been a better time to launch a sustainable business. Consumers are increasingly trending towards supporting eco-friendly brands, including local businesses and companies producing sustainable products. If you’re ready to jump on this beneficial trend, Greenslant shares the following resources that can help you plan your next steps!
Establishing Your Business
Like any startup, launching an eco-friendly business will involve a number of important steps, from developing a business plan to setting up your store. As you navigate the startup process, be sure to make sustainability a top priority.
- Pick a sustainable business model. Here are some ideas for inspiration.
- Write out a business plan to organize your thoughts and map out the steps ahead of you.
- Come up with a catchy business name that reflects your environmental values.
- Set up your business office or retail space with eco-friendly energy solutions.
- Dive into a variety of books on marketing and business strategy.
- Work with a dedicated marketing team from Greenslant to build your website and help with advertising campaigns.
- Invest in an integrated accounting system that makes it easy to track your expenses, inventory, taxes, cash flow, and that comes with an app so you can manage your accounting on the go.
Maintaining Your Commitment to the Planet
Running a sustainable business is an ongoing process of evaluating and improving your existing systems. Always be on the lookout for new ways to reduce your carbon footprint, save waste, and support the environment.
- Develop a sustainability plan detailing how you intend to meet your goals.
- Team up with other eco-friendly businesses to amplify your sustainability initiatives.
- Find sustainable raw materials to reduce waste across your supply chain.
- Use digital recordkeeping to reduce your use of paper.
- Consider donating a portion of your profits to sustainable organizations and charities.
The only thing more rewarding than running your own business is running a business that has a positive impact on the planet. When you build a business that aligns with your passions and personal goals, you’ll work hard for your success. Keep your mission in mind and you’ll be able to overcome any obstacles that get in your way!
Photo Credit: Pexels